I recently came across these US army slang and could not resist posting them. I liked these ones the most. (Credits: Wikipedia)
- FUBAR - Fucked Up beyond all repair
- BOHICA - Bend Over, Here It Comes Again
- JANFU - Joint Army/Navy Fuck-Up
- SNAFU - Situation Normal: All Fucked Up
- TARFU - Things Are Really Fucked Up
- AWR - (Alpha Whiskey Romeo) Allah's Waiting Room. When engaged, insurgents have a tendency to flee to the same building (the AWR), at which point the troops radio in an air strike.
- BTDT — Been There, Done That
- DAN — Dick, ass, and nuts. Used when referring to a smell,
particularly that of a soldier who hasn't showered in a while. When
used in a sentence, "Joe smells like DAN."
- DICK — Dedicated Infantry Combat Killer (used in Infantry Training)
- FIDO — "Fuck It. Drive On" Equivalent of "Shit Happens" Pronounced like a dog's name: Fy-dough
- FM — Fucking Magic. Used to explain something complicated,
generally to someone new who has asked a question that would take too
long to explain. "How does that work?" "Oh, it uses FM."
- FOAD — Fuck Off And Die
- FODA — Fuck Off and Die Asshole. Note: Foda is also
Portuguese for fuck. When said by itself, it can have the same
connotation as "Fuck off and die, asshole." This would make it a
recursive slang in two languages.
- FUBB — Fucked Up Beyond Belief
- NDG — No Damn Good
- NFG — No Fucking Good, a.k.a. busted, non functional, broken. also "New Fucking Guy"
- NPGs — No Pussy Getters; see BCD
- SOS — Same Old Shit; Shit On a Shingle. Creamed chipped beef on toast/biscuit, a breakfast staple.
- SRDH — Shit Rolls Down Hill. Used to denote unwanted or unpleasing duties assigned to lower ranks.
- US ARMY — Uncle Sam Ain't Released Me Yet
- YMRASU — Yes, My Retarded Ass Signed Up (US Army backwards)
Powered by ScribeFire.